Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fasting Blood Glucose Level 6.4

to 50 years, you got no Rolex ...

I assure you, this article is not intended to revive the controversy of Mr Seguela. But the idea that bloomed in my brain (I prefer to say "flowers" that "sprouted" is more poetic, right?) Made me think of that phrase straight out of a spirit totally condescending.
If at age 50, you got no Rolex, is that you missed your life ... think is what this adorable ad. It made everyone yell, arms insurgents!
But when, you, young graduate, you will be retorted that the level of your education is not sufficient for successful life, it does not shock anyone ... Bizarre.

Personally, I graduated from college. Yes, the University, that we hear very often fairly negative. The famous pictures of bewildered students on the major theorists unable to keep a toe in real life ...
I am a graduate of the University, but I certainly have many courses and certainly much toiled that most students in schools "private". Sometimes even more. But that's another story!

Unfortunately for me, I am surrounded by people out of business schools. Far be it from me to launch the controversy of "diploma paid" ... no no, that would hurt!

(Samantha is delighted she will be able to buy a watch)


But when one day at a job interview that exactly match my various qualifications and experience ( without detailing any it, I have several degrees in very different fields, and this post was exactly all that ... quite rare in itself), I replied that "yes, that's great that, you have on paper exactly the skills for this position. But you did in college. I'm sorry, but I prefer to hire someone one who has made a business school, even if not the same experience as you. "

You know the feeling of being reduced to the status of old sacking useless?

Why, business, people do not focus as diplomas, degrees in addition to high schools ? And yet, sometimes the list of such large schools is very limited. Based on H, E, C and X. Among others.
I do not even talk about those who have degrees below the tray 5 ... no, those, the poor, have yet more to justify their rowing skills and qualities.

So if you do not go to these schools-elite, you have no chance to pay you one day a Rolex.

I was lucky, even with my ball of degree college, to encounter someone who left me my chance in a field which was completely unknown. Fortunately it happens. But I remain convinced that if one day, I'm looking elsewhere, I'll have much more focus my resume on my experience, not my degree.
While for others it is almost enough to put on the front line "graduate of Sup de Co foo" for it to pass.

And you, then you got your Rolex?

Win: 0 / 5
Glamour: 3 / 5 (for the watch, anyway)

0 comments:

Post a Comment