Friday, January 14, 2011

Chevrolet Silverado With Rockstar Wheels

Craft man - the return? The

Consultant I love because it gives grist to my neurons and material to bounce (boiiiing).

This morning, I had to present my product to customers in the Middle East, a national company VIPs VIPs accompanied the World Company. After preparing a top-chrono-Jack-Bauer-na-qu-a-go-se-dressed this morning with my small business in the aisle of the World Company, a question to me kills.
Besides my womanhood and my 7-month belly, "I really did wear a dress above the knee today?

I will not deny that would have prevented the previous day not to put me in a skirt, I would have quite nervous (and I certainly would have opted for the shortest of my wardrobe ...). But no, fortunately no one asked me and the clients had looked more interested in the technical side more than my gent (although I seriously torn but that's not the point, pfff) .

I am thinking it is the time or the reactions tend to favor "good" side and not always end in regions of the world that we imagine (remember here).

More generally the question of acceptance of women and their representation in the media called "men". At this very moment is also discussed to the Assembly a possible measure requiring the CAC 40 a 40% quota of women on boards of directors (10% today on average).



But what about the quotas imposed?

The World Company is an example of diversity.
The World Company is recruiting women, many women and, according to a very aggressive policy in terms of diversity in all its forms and in particular one of its kind.

It happens when a situation where some (do not generalize) to male employees, the majority have always been amazed with varying degrees of subtlety:
  • the emergence of women in leadership positions. I must say that the last year, the first line of the center was a 70% female! Let's be honest, we're talking about a center among X. The first lines of top management are far from being feminized at this point.
  • the organization of events tends Community in order to discuss the problems inherent in our status within the company: constraints of motherhood, to international transfers. Indeed, one can not deny a woman following her husband during a transfer is more common than not when it involves a loss of wage and therefore post independence. The example of international transfers is even more acute. "Honey, I promoted addition, we share in Gabon, you'll be in charge of children?"

But going further than the example of a company, do you think the establishment of quotas would serve the cause of women? This may change attitudes? For
my part, I confess to take the good side, it opens doors can be more easily. And I do not believe that the strategy for recruitment and promotion within the company takes precedence over the objectives of productivity or profits.
I am happy to be part of a box that did not wait for a law to promote fairer sex but I can understand that some may live as an encouragement to communitarianism, challenging meritocracy advocated elsewhere.

What examples in your home, you're in an area rather female, male, mixed?
Have you ever witnessed affirmative or negative?
For or against quotas, and why limit the CAC 40 companies?

0 comments:

Post a Comment