Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kate's Play Ground Full Sets

crafts man (or woman ...?)

Talk little, talk well, let's talk a little controversy (and a rather long post to catch up my missing days!). Well, not polemical in the sense "yippee Fritton us in the comments," because I think few people here will (hopefully) a different opinion from mine ... But because the whole controversy has been debated for ages, and continues to do so (so nothing really new in this post). What tends to annoy me strong. And I increasingly tend to take out the teeth.
These are several considerations that led to my recent (re) mention here. Trade with a friend, fellow women, saw a documentary on TV, discussions with my husband.



start with the story of some discussion lately on the subject with a friend.
should know that like me are currently working with us. When I say it like me, "I implying that we take an active part in this work. What tends to surprise some males ...
Whether such plaquist this discussion with her, which noted that:
"- Mr. has done well this windowsill there (he could have chosen a" you "neutral addressing the couple, but no, it was" sir ") ..
- in fact it's not me who did it (she says while charging a baking cakes filled, because yes, it can make cakes and cut with a jigsaw window sills!)
- Ho ... (he said, some somewhat incredulously). "

Or use an alarm installer me the other day (which was setting up its business with my husband while we were tinkering with a fridge, both):
"- Madam, you have a cloth what to clean I made please?
(....)
Sir, you have a screwdriver in rab eventually?

(...) Oh but lady, let me do this with your husband is a man's job that! "

* * * * *

short, you'll understand the latent sexism, intentionally or not, tends to make me want to bite (though I do not consider myself "feminist" at all costs at the base ).... I do not even talk of taxes, even when I had put into the head of household, while struggling to reverse and send their letters to Mr. and Mrs. Prénomdumari Nomdumari.

I think what irritates me most is when I also feel in some of my female colleagues, for whom it is normal for women to do certain things. I do not make a drawing, it is generally "keeping the inside" and management of children.

We talked the other day of employment discrimination, issues with some very limits of HR, and the fact that putting on his resume that you have children (even worse if you are divorced) pushes the recruiter to ask questions about custody, the fact that we will or not this late at night and easily available. What
surprises me is that finally I was the one to say that so far I could understand that one wonders about the fact that their employees should not or from certain fixed hours for personal reasons, but as the question is asked only to women, there was a serious concern to me.
And then my colleagues surprised because they had never seen it that way, because bah yes to a woman it's easier to leave early, because it is often more difficult for the gentleman part of his career if he wants to show that it is a winneur, he can not leave early to look for kids in the nursery / school. And anyway it is rather normal for women to make the evening meal, because it comes earlier, even if she has to manage the kids.
WHAT?
Well, I see there are still things to change ....

* * * * *

That evening, we watch on TV a documentary on the subject, entitled "The male domination." Film that is according to Mr. "feminist at all costs" in the negative sense.
Would that through the first images, which show in detail (it seems, I closed my eyes, I'm a sensitive soul) a penis enlargement operation (And close-ups of the "dissection" of it).
I myself have not been very convinced by all this movie (some parts, yes, others much less) because he was bound with a bias, and therefore does not reflect, I think The total reality (at the same time it deals with Canada, so I do not know by heart!). Finally it was not the goal either.

short, that we did discuss the topic, where Mr. told me that even if he was for equality in practice of course it was difficult to enforce. Would that salary, if we decide to reduce the gap about 25% for the same position and increase women everywhere will take this money?
Even if we want to dumb down, what we give "more" women must necessarily have been taken somewhere. And in this case a man.
From there, although admittedly, most men were equal to how many actually willing to lower their wages and benefits to promote a woman (or anyone else after all)?
A big part of the problem also comes from there think he (and indeed I confess, I did not necessarily see things that way) ...

short, it is not business trips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment